Two MPN Clinical Trials Progress – Phase 3 Polycythemia Vera Study and Phase 2 Myelofibrosis Study
There are dozens of clinical trials at various stages of progression for Polycythemia Vera, Essential Thrombocythemia and Myelofibrosis. Some are in the recruiting stage, others still active and the balance have been completed. Both of these trials will be watched closely.
Updates on (2) Promising Clinical Trials:
AOP Orphan Pharmaceuticals Announces Progress of Pivotal Phase III Trial PROUD-PV of Novel Mono-Pegylated Interferon Alpha 2b for the Treatment of Polycythemia Vera
- PROUD-PV is Phase 3 trial in centers across Europe
- In contrast to other pegylated interferons, the drug is administered every other week, with the potential for monthly administrations
- Often tolerated better than Pegasys
- Effective, safe and more convenient for PV patients
- Overall response rate exceeded 90%
- Check here for updates on PROUD-PV
- Insightful commentary on Promedior by MPNforum
- Will it reverse fibrosis?
- Lead investigator – Dr. Srdan Verstovek
- Has the potential to become a first-in-class treatment
According to OncLive article (Published Online – August 9, 2013), there are 15 blood cancer drugs in the U.S. pipeline targeting Myeloproliferative Neoplasms.
Please feel free to leave your comments below.