PV Reporter was created to provide “easy access” to pertinent information on Polycythemia Vera (PV), Essential Thrombocythemia (ET) and Myelofibrosis (MF). These disorders are Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPNs), a closely related group of blood cancers where the bone marrow cells that produce the body’s blood cells function and develop abnormally.
If you are a newly diagnosed patient or researching MPNs, make PV Reporter your starting point. While many existing MPN websites provide excellent content, they tend to be internally focused or lack external search capabilities. PV Reporter solves that problem with MPN Search, a “custom search engine” retrieving exactly the information you are looking for!
Numerous MPN Resources can be found here. A growing list with helpful research tools, support groups and information for all MPN patients. This page offers a broad selection of resources to continue your research.
Site Goals, Notes & Resources
- Make PV Reporter the starting point for your research.
- Well Informed Patients are empowered to make better healthcare decisions.
- Please Visit MPN Cancer Connection – our non-profit organization for more resources.
- Want to share your story? – Drop us a note.
- Co-pay and Medication Assistance, MPN Websites, Airfare, Federal U.S. Benefits (provided by MPN Cancer Connection, our non profit organization)
- Current and Resolved Drug Shortages and Discontinuations Reported to FDA
- Great site for information on herbs, botanicals, supplements, other complementary medicines
- Helpful resources for finding financial assistance in each state (scroll down and choose state)
- Local financial assistance
- Free or Reduced-Cost Healthcare
About David Wallace
Founder of PV Reporter, a resource for Myeloproliferative Neoplasm (MPN) patients and caregivers. After being diagnosed with Polycythemia Vera (PV) in 2009, I utilized social media to connect with “informed patients” and develop a better understanding of emerging treatment options. My philosophy on patient care is straight forward – “educating the patient is essential, so the patient can guide their physician to meet his or her needs.” PV Reporter is a comprehensive resource hub giving visitors vital tools to become “empowered patients.”