First in ASH 2015 Series
by David Wallace
Clinical Trial Updates
Dr John Mascarenhas, Associate Professor Medicine, Hematology and Oncology at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City sheds light on:
- Comfort 2 studies on Ruxolitinib
- Imetelstat pilot studies by Dr Tefferi, multi-center phase 2 results sponsored by Janssen
- PRM-151, anti-fibrotic drug for Myelofibrosis in stage 2 trials
- Combo therapies
- No significant, blockbuster updates
Is it possible that PV patients are susceptible to forms of Dementia?
- MPN patients are at risk for thrombotic complications
- The cerebral circulation and clinical impact are not well known (an unexplored area)
- Effects of MPNs on blood flow in the brain – CR&T funded research led by Dr Chris Schaffer, Cornell University
- PV Reporter believes this area deserves more study – PV patients with elevated HCT have increased blood viscosity (thick blood) inhibiting blood flow to the brain which can lead to cognitive decline.