Interview about Living with MPN – click here
Some key take away points:
- See an MPN Specialist and have him work with your local doctor on an appropriate treatment plan.
- MPNs are uncommon and complex, incidence 1 or 2 out of 100,000 in 2019, we know that number is exponentially higher)
- PV is predominately found in men, while ET is more prominent in women.
- Patients can experience frustration, as we may look well and do not get understanding/support from family or friends.
- The illness prompts a watch and wait from physicians, which may lead to anxiety and frustration.
- Establish a new norm.
- Reach out to other MPN patients, this provides a good support network with people who understand.
- Courtesy of the Cancer Support Community.