by David Wallace
PV Reporter covering the American Society of Hematology (ASH) 2014 conference in a series format
For me personally, highlights go beyond the research that was presented (ASH 2014 Outside the Box, addresses that in detail). It was about meeting friends…old and new (in person), attending the MPN Heroes Awards Presentation, the excitement of interviewing world renowned MPN/Leukemia experts, and self-discovery.
The annual event held in San Francisco this year includes interviews with:
– Dr Heinz Gisslinger, Vienna, Austria, A pioneer in the use of Interferon in MPNs, discussing AOP2014 (the new interferon).Click here for the Interview
– Dr Richard Stone, Director Adult Leukemia Program at Dana Farber, discussing the new Rapid Heme Panel (test looking at 95 genes for blood cancers).Click here for the Interview
– Dr Lee Greenberger, Chief Scientific Officer, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society reviewing their initiatives to halt early stage blood cancers.Click here for the Interview
– ASH Outside the Box – PV Reporter’s First Hand Account from outside the Frontlines.Click here for the Story
Also featuring “Best of ASH” videos and articles of interest as they emerge.
Check out the “Best of the Day” presentation from ASH 2014 in San Francisco, Dr Joseph Mikhael and Dr Srdan Verstovsek discuss the important clinical studies and late breaking updates on therapeutic strategies for treating Myeloproliferative Neoplasm (MPN) patients.
MPN Research update from ASH Meeting
– courtesy of MPN Research Foundation
2014’s Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology proved to be a big year for research in the myeloproliferative neoplasms. Tens of thousands of experts in blood disorders in attendance proved that work in the MPNs is vigorous and ongoing.
Our Scientific Advisor John Crispino, PhD, from Northwestern University, took part in the meeting. He’s reported back exclusively to us on what you need to know as a patient, caregiver, community hematologist or anyone working in the MPNs.
Click here or the image below for the FULL REPORT in PDF format.